San José, Jul 24 (elmundo.cr) – The Legislative Assembly and the Executive Power will pay a posthumous tribute to Deputy Rodolfo Peña of the Christian Social Unity (PUSC).
Peña died on Friday morning after being hospitalized for several weeks due to Covid-19.
The body of deputy Rodolfo Peña Flores was veiled on Friday, July 23 at the Jardines del Recuerdo Funeral Home located in Los Yoses.
Likewise, and in coordination with his family, they have arranged for him to be honored with a burning chapel in the Parliamentary Precinct.
Said tribute will take place this Saturday, July 24, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Once this posthumous tribute is finished, the body of Don Rodolfo will be transferred to a Church for a religious ceremony of the present body.
Due to the health emergency caused by the pandemic, only the deputies, support staff and a grieving family will be able to enter the recital.
The Legislative Assembly coordinated with the Executive Power the integration of a delegation of six hierarchs who will be able to enter at 11:00 am, to greet the family and stand guard, also with authorities from the Christian Social Unity Party.
The burning chapel will be broadcast by all the official media of the Legislative Assembly.
About Rodolfo Peña
- The deputy, administrator by profession, was elected in the first place by the province of Guanacaste.
- Peña Flores was a member of the Government and Administration Commission, the Treasury Commission and the Appointments Commission.
- He was a member of the Second Plenary Commission.
- He was a member of the Special Commission of the province as a Guanacasteco.
- He was a member of the Special Commission in charge of analyzing, studying and completing the limits of the Lomas de Barbudal biological reserve for the development of the Water Supply project for the middle basin of the Tempisque River Coastal communities.
- He promoted the bill to bring water to Guanacaste known as Pacumen.
- In previous May, the First Secretary of the Legislative Board was elected.